Saturday, December 22, 2007

Vacation!

It certainly seems that Luke has been doing most of the blogging recently, which is mostly that I've been so ridiculously busy with school that I've barely had time to do anything except schoolwork and sleep.

But now, finally, I've reached the Holiday break (actually, I started it about a week ago, but was busy climbing in JTree with Luke and doing all the Christmas wrapping here at home). Home, however, is now Poulsbo, Washington (not far from Bainbridge Island or the Navy base in Bremerton, if you're familiar with the area). So even though I have free time, it's pretty much been raining outside the entire time I've been home, which makes it a little hard to do any climbing outside. Hopefully today I'll get my act together and go running in the rain.

Whatever I do, I'm pretty happy to have this opportunity to catch up on life - do some research into grad schools, which I'll probably be applying to next fall, go running, chill out with the doggies, read a book for fun (Wicked by Gregory Maguire)! Hopefully I can regain some of my motivation for climbing, too. School can tend to make me so stressed out in general, that even climbing becomes stressful. It's so frustrating! It's been really hard to balance everything and to really believe I'm giving everything what it deserves (school, climbing, frisbee, and Luke, in no particular order). I'm hoping that a new term at school and a new (very exciting) geology research project can help me get my crazy life under control. Next term will also mark the beginning of the Ultimate Frisbee tournament season, meaning that although several weekends will be dedicated to frisbee, our coach will resume running our practices, which takes a big load off myself and my co-captain.

For now, though, I'm just excited for our New Year's trip to Arizona - new climbing areas (BASALT!!! hopefully), a new state to visit, and hopefully some sweet crack climbing to kick me back into gear to prepare for Indian Creek in March. So many 5.11's and 5.12's to send!

For now, hope everyone's having a great holiday season (maybe enjoying some fresh powder?)!

No comments: